GPS for falconry, you know.

International Falconry Forum .com. International Falconry Forum A multilingual forum where falconers share their experiences. Forum of falconry, hunting, falconer, hawking, falconryforum, harris, hunt, falconers, peregrine.

InternationalFalconryForum.com

Beta

Forum | Photos | Videos | Search

¿Olvidaste tu clave de acceso?
click aquí pare recuperar tu clave

Temas que no se contemplen en los demás foros.

GPS for falconry, you know.

Postby ORTIZ » 04 Jun 2010, 19:15

Hi, I open this topic, so you can write what you know concerning their use in falconry. Who sells, prices and above all if what you are using, as you do, if some types of problems, if what you use at the same time as the telematria, on her advantages or disadvantages, so I encourage you to aportéis whatever you think.

Thanks, foreros greetings.
Pedro Ortiz Martínez (Melilla)

ORTIZ
Veterano
Veterano

Re: GPS for falconry, you know.

Postby dreamcatcher » 04 Jun 2010, 20:18

There is one that is gps and tiny lok Xmas in google and get all the info but the transmitter is 25 grams pa birds of more than 500 grams
dreamcatcher (CAZADOR DE SUEÑOS)

dreamcatcher
Master
Master

Postby fortu » 04 Jun 2010, 20:32

Cuando un enemigo te admira... es que has hecho algo mal.
Email: fortu2@gmail.com
Tlf: 637 90 62 33

fortu
Master
Master

Postby fortu » 04 Jun 2010, 20:34

fortu
Master
Master

Postby falco330 » 04 Jun 2010, 20:42

It says that in mode gps reaches 20 miles?

I do not understand, then that kind of gps is? the toy?

someone as being used?

falco330
Master
Master

Postby fortu » 05 Jun 2010, 09:11

falco330 that is what avalon 20km's, I also managed to understand it, that some expert explain it, though I imagine that will be the distance to your receiver.
grab the coordinates by gps and sends them to your receiver up to a distance of 20km maximum, that is what I understand.

For example the only bluetooth gps reaches 10m... so this is 20 miles up to your receiver.

Best regards
fortu

fortu
Master
Master

Postby elukihai » 05 Jun 2010, 10:16

fortu these right, that is the problem of the avalon, but there is another mobile phone that will say luxury

elukihai
Senior
Senior

Postby falco330 » 05 Jun 2010, 13:39

who has those mobile?

I am interested in them and hope as may water, but not is if are on the market already, are not, only prototypes or that?

falco330
Master
Master

Postby ORTIZ » 05 Jun 2010, 15:37

Thank you all for your comments. Tell me by phone that there is a forero which manufactures them and go with mobile sms, without limit of distance as a normal gps and also with solar autonomy which always is locatable, and not just the batteries.

I'm looking for in the forums but I can't find it.

A greeting.

ORTIZ
Veterano
Veterano

Postby pacopelli » 05 Jun 2010, 16:21

Hello Ortiz seeks this in buying and selling: GPS ja´es a reality, I think that is what you are looking for. A greeting.

pacopelli
Junior
Junior

Postby falco330 » 05 Jun 2010, 19:47

It's xavier morel (xamorel). but it is still not having them ready.

then there is a Portuguese that is doing the same thing but not be of anyone who uses them

falco330
Master
Master

Postby xamorel » 05 Jun 2010, 21:04

Hello Ortiz,

On the Avalon and the subject of the reach you can comment as follows: transmitter and receiver are both a gps and the issuer uses radio waves to send your gps position to the receiver. I believe that the extent to which comment (20 km) is in conditions optimal and it is because the radio signal has to get strong enough to load the gps which is very "heavy" information sent by radio. If it comes loose beep does not have capacity to load the gps information. Not is if in fact at some point it have been sold, maybe someone from here can give us more information, nor is prices. The drawback that I see, apart from the scope rather limited removing part of the interest of having a gps, is also their weight and how great that is.

Another system David Silva sells it,(creo que David Falco aqui en el foro), the same you may talk about your system I much better. It combines a gps and a phone and call the issuer to locate it. If I am not mistaken it has no built-in normal radio transmitter. Also manufactures altimeters that among others used in the days of Leon. Placed before the bird flight and after flight can connect to a pc to view the height, graphics etc...

We will draw for this season (or at least I hope, because I've been waiting for more than two years) three systems manufactured in Spain, took months with tests that are going quite well:
-A transmitter that incorporates an altimeter and you give the height of the bird in real time on the receiver, weight +-6.5 gr
-A transmitter that incorporates the above mentioned but a gps that you will receive the exact position of the bird in your receiver, with indication of direction and distance or map according to the model. It weighed +- 9.5 g and will be fully digital, or that with enough beyond the Avalon
-A transmitter that incorporates the above mentioned more, i.e. radio-altimeter-gps-gsm phone. Tea will locate your bird's normal form and advance to the gps-gsm if things get ugly and is out of reach. For Europe is perhaps the perfect because it combines everything and there is good coverage of phone. You will have a weight of about 15 grams. You can program in any frequency range 430 for those who want to keep your old receiver for the part only buy the issuer or the issuer (if you already have a gps or a pda) and radio + PDA. Clear this with receivers from other brands do not you will have access to the data of height.

A greeting
"Born to fly"
Xavier Morel
xabirds@gmail.com

xamorel
Veterano
Veterano

Postby elukihai » 06 Jun 2010, 06:58

prices prices prices

that this brilliant and autonomy as it is?
the hitch as serious?
can you get a fotillo?
Many thanks in advance xamorel.

elukihai
Senior
Senior

Postby xamorel » 06 Jun 2010, 10:20

Prices are yet to be defined, depend in part on development costs, which are very high. Nor do we want out of time by issues of competition, it's a bit the same with photos. Also do not want to pre-empt a product not yet on the market and that follows test, don't want to pass me the same as last year, where we had some prototypes running and thought can be marketed immediately, which was not the case...
Autonomy depends on the frequency of the gps connection and the programming of transmitter, according to the model will be for 4-6-7 days.
The hitch, as advised in harness for the more large, tail, leg or harness to each other.
A greeting
"Born to fly"
Xavier Morel
xabirds@gmail.com

xamorel
Veterano
Veterano

Postby ORTIZ » 06 Jun 2010, 22:19

Thank you falco330, xamorel for all the information, and very interesting pacopeli the post of buying and selling that you sign up. I have helped clear doubts in this regard.

A greeting.

ORTIZ
Veterano
Veterano

Postby hawkarc » 10 Jun 2010, 13:07

xamorel, so comment then I gather that an emitter GPS in the bird, is could visualize its position from a gps-equipped phone?

hawkarc
Junior
Junior

Postby xamorel » 10 Jun 2010, 17:17

Yes, when the missed call which is requesting the position, then you get the message and with a special program is displayed on a map your position, that of the bird, distance and speed.
A greeting
"Born to fly"
Xavier Morel
xabirds@gmail.com

xamorel
Veterano
Veterano

Postby hawkarc » 11 Jun 2010, 07:38

Thank you for the answer and good luck with your project

hawkarc
Junior
Junior